New Patients Intake Program
PLEASE REFRAIN FROM USING ANY SCENTED PRODUCTS WHEN VISITING THE CLINIC: PERFUMES, SHAMPOOS, AFTER SHAVES, CREAMS, LOTIONS, DEODORANTS, SOAPS and LAUNDRY DETERGENTS.
Please DO NOT BRING ANY PETS into the clinic. Many of our patients suffer from severe environmental allergies and this is for their protection.
Please let us know if a WHEELCHAIR ACCESS is necessary, so we arrange any help needed to enter the building.
New Patient forms and information
Instructions for printing the forms: please print each form separately, for example, Form 1 and Form 2 not on the same sheet of paper. If a form is a few pages long, it can be printed on the both sides of the paper.
Fill the forms out and bring them to your first visit. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
IMPORTANT: Read our POLICY and INFORMATION FOR NEW PATIENT.
Note: It may take a few minutes to open the forms due to a large file size.
New Patient Program sequence
New Patient Program encompasses 7 different appointments over approximately a 6 month period of time.
Please, complete all forms and questionnaires prior to arriving for the initial visit.
These preparations should be followed for the first visit:
- No alcohol consumption for 24 hours
- 2-4 glasses of water within 2 hours of visit
- No exercise, caffeine or food for 4 hours prior to arrival
1. INITIAL VISIT. This visit usually lasts three to four hours and during this time the following will occur:
1) Weight, height and blood pressure readings are taken.
2) Blood will be taken for various blood tests such as Oxidative Stress Analysis and Antioxidant. Urine and stool samples are taken. Hair analysis and other specialty tests will be performed. This includes Body Composition (BIA) and Cardiovision. Ph testing tape with the instructions will be given to measure ph balance at home.
3) Completing any forms that have not been finished and obtaining various consents.
4) Full medical history and physical examination taken by Dr. Jaconello.
5) Discussion of any health problems and an initial treatment program will be composed by Dr. Jaconello. This program might include supplements and intravenous treatments. Additional tests may be prescribed at that time.
2. ELECTRO-DERMAL SCREENING. Usha Passi, Registered Homeopath in Ontario, will identify food sensitivities with the use of an Electro-Dermal screening device. (This device measures a change in the electrical properties of the skin in response to different stimulants). We will try to schedule this appointment on the same day as your initial visit.
3. APPOINTMENT WITH NATUROPATHIC DOCTOR. Adrian Nasager, ND sees new patients of Dr. Jaconello two weeks later to review and evaluate available test results that have been received by this time; fine-tunes the implementation of the program and ensures that patients carry out Dr. Jaconello’s directions. This visit is 1 hour 30 minutes long.
4. NUTRITIONIST APPOINTMENT is approximately one week later. Maya Fabiszak, Certified Nutritional Practitioner will review the Nutritional Questionnaire form, provide dietary recommendations and design a nutritional plan for the patient. This visit is 1 hour long as well.
5. ENVIRONMENTAL AWARENESS CLASS will be held with Maya Fabiszak, Environmental Lifestyle Counselor who will counsel on the impact of the environment pollutants, advice on the necessary changes and lifestyle adjustments in order to obtain a better state of health. The patient is scheduled for the next available class. This class is 2 hours long and is necessary part of the program.
6. PROGRAM WITH DR. JACONELLO is five weeks later. Paul Jaconello, MD will see the patient again to review the test results and to complete an individual tailored treatment program. This visit can take over 1 hour and can be recorded on a memory card, patient’s phone or other device.
7. FINAL APPOINTMENT OF THE NEW PATIENT PROGRAM is with Adrian Nasager, ND and is scheduled in three months after the program with Dr Jaconello. Patient progress is reviewed and necessary adjustments to the program are made. This visit is approximately 30 minutes long.
FOLLOW-UP VISITS will be with Dr. Jaconello, MD approximately one-two per year. Follow-up appointments are extremely important as they allow modification of your treatment program, if necessary.
Payment for Service
A portion of the visit with Dr. Jaconello is covered by OHIP. A separate cost applies when complementary topics are discussed. Please note: an additional cost applies for the PROGRAM WITH DR. JACONELLO (second appointment with Dr. Jaconello), which will be reimbursed to you by OHIP.
Please make sure that both your OHIP number and mailing address are correct. The OHIP claim is submitted on your behalf and then OHIP reimburses you directly. Payment for both the OHIP and complementary part of the visit is paid to Dr. Jaconello.
The method of payment is cheque, cash or debit. If payment is by cheque, please bring two cheques for your first visit. One cheque is payable to Dr. Jaconello and the other to Preventimed. This latter cheque covers the cost of the test and other practitioner’s visits.
PAYMENT IS DUE AT THE TIME OF THE VISIT. Prices are subject to change without notice.
New Patient Program fee structure age 16+
Costs for children are determined by length of office visit and testing necessary.
Tests and appointments that are NOT COVERED BY OHIP:
The following costs are COVERED BY OHIP:
The INITIAL OFFICE VISIT includes:
Parts of the FOLLOW-UP VISITS with Dr. Jaconello’s are reimbursed by OHIP and parts are a complementary cost to the patient, as there are areas of therapy that would be considered innovative and thus not covered by OHIP (please see IMPORTANT INFORMATION – NEW PATIENT). The fee for such services is $64.50 for the first 15 minutes and $21.50 per 5 minutes of discussion thereafter.
Reminders and Missed Appointments
Two business days before your visit, the receptionist will phone with a reminder for booked appointment. Please reply to her message. However any cancellations require two business days notice otherwise a charge of $70.00 is applied as for a missed appointment (no show).
Other Important Information
You should know that the Centre is very busy and the wait time at the office could be between one-two hours.
Dr. Jaconello reviews all laboratory tests results on a regular basis. You will be contacted only if your lab test results are of an urgent nature.